December 19, 2012

FINALLY!

Well lets see... I have been a tad busy! Lets re-cap....
 
  • Dad open heart surgery... doing well at home PRAISE THE LORD!
  • Went to NY... Merry Christmas from my boss!
  • Heard about HORRIBLE S.H.E. shooting and held my baby and hugged my hubby a little tighter
  • Had a little family holiday gathering the day after I got home
  • Back to work
  • Finishing Christmas stuff...
  • Starting my training for my nex half marathon
  •  
The following is a little picture dump of NYC!



The plaza where Kevin McCalister stayed in Home Alone 2




Central Park Carridge Ride


DUH











Outfit 1


Work Cocktail Party


Pretty much moved in to my hotel room!


Ready to run in Central Park!

The Gazebo from Home Alone 2






Seriously beautiful


HERE I AM!


St Patricks


From the 'Top of the Rock'


















Radio City





Saks





Oh hey, Lady Liberty






is this what DREAMS are made of?!
 



911 Memorial Tower from the Taxi




Channing hit the Jackpot.... shhh don't tell her!


Heading to Broadyway!


Times Square from the car


Adult Sippy Cups on Broadway!


Meanwhile... missing these two!





Channing had PJ day at school while I was gone.... stinkin cute!


Home again home again.... holding her tight!


Dressed herself to play outside


My little Sous Chef


Cousin Love



Decorating Cookies





'Hey, Channing, wave like Miss America'!


Monday





LOVE HER


Tuesday!

 
New running shoes... been in Brooks Adrenaline since '08 and decided to switch it up... much cooler color!




Today!
 


The flowers my awesome mom made to go on chalkboard plates I am making for Channing's teachers! I LOVE them!

 
Also, in light of the recent Sandy Hook Tragedy I am teaming up with some FAB bloggers to make the kiddos first days back at school a little more merry. I am almost at a loss for words on this whole thing. I simply cannot imagine what those families and kiddos are going through. When I was running yesterday on the treadmill I watched some news coverage on it.. really for the first time since it happened. Mostly because my heart couldn't handle it all. I watched as the people from 'The Voice' sang to honor those whos lives were lost and was tearing up... they were holding cards with the names of the victims and their ages... I could hardly handle it. I lose my breath thinking about it and thinking about the what if's. I more than ever am thanking God for Channing and Chandler. I simply cannot put into words how sad I am for that community, those kiddos, their families and friends.
 
Pinned Image
 
SO if you are interested in helping Sandy Hook Kiddos return to school a little brighter here is how YOU can!
 
 
The National PTA  wants to start the new year off for the children in a winter wonderland and what better way then walking through a new school with tons of snowflakes. They are asking that you make paper snowflakes and they will hang them around the school. Such a simple task and a small gesture to show support for the children, staff, parents, etc. I know I will be sending over a few and I hope if you read this you will too. All snowflakes need to be in by January 12, 2012
 
 
Please send all snowflakes and donations to:
Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514


Pass this along and let's make that new school the winter wonderland those children deserve.
 
SUCH A SIMPLE AND EASY THING TO DO TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
Please think about helping them in doing this!
 
XO...
 
 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Love all your NY pictures- looks like you had so much fun! And such great news your dad is recovering back home. How scary. I love this idea bout the snowflakes- Jasper and I will definitely be doing that! Great way to get kids involved as well so thanks for passing that along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you belong in NYC! Also love the snowflakes for Sandy Hook! Will absolutely send a few. We made a donation and sent cards last night, posted about it on my blog as well. I love your kind heart for sharing this! You are truly sweet Kelsey! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NY is one of my favorite places to visit!! You're so lucky to have gone during the holidays....One day I will...One day!!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete