February 9, 2010

Our Weekend Get Away!

This past weekend we got to head out of town! Thanks to Bomanite and Chandler needing to go to Austin and San Antonio to check on a job for the weekend I got to tag long and make a mini vacay out of it! We headed to Austin Friday after our sonogram. When we got into Austin Chandler had to go to a meeting so I dropped him off and headed out around the area to find something to take up some time and boy did I find something. 'HEY CUPCAKE' is a small chain that has airstream trailers around areas selling their wonderful cupcakes! There just happened to be one right around the corner from where the meeting was and I just had to stop! I have read about these AWESOME cupcakes on blogs and couldn't pass one (or four) up!


That night we met our good friend Jason and his fiance Brooke at her apartment in Austin. We really enjoyed getting to meet Brooke for the first time and visiting with them over dinner. We are excited for their upcoming wedding reception in April a few weeks after Channing is born.


After dinner we headed out to San Antonio to our hotel for the weekend. It was a bit closer to the job Chandler had to check on Saturday and Sunday. We arrived and really liked our hotel. It was very different and nice and fun for something different! Saturday morning we got up drank some coffee and Chandler headed out to check on the job. My Saturday consisted of a little Target, a Plato's Closet that I found and some SMASH BURGER! Oh, it was a great cheeseburger and I enjoyed every bit of it and the onion rings that came with it! The rest of the afternoon I watched TV and relaxed and totally loved it. I have not done that on a weekend in such a long time because we always have something to do to get ready for our little girl, I almost didn't know what to do with myself. When Chan finished up at the job that day we went to dinner and came back to the hotel for a movie. A VERY relaxing a fun day for me and fun for Chan too I think, but probably not as relaxing.

Sunday we got up and grabbed breakfast at 'The Egg and I' and then headed back out to the job site. I dropped Chandler off and went on to the San Marcus outlet mall. I got some shopping in and enjoyed myself a lot and then picked Chandler up at the job and we headed back home. It was a fast weekend but SO relaxing for me right before Channing comes.















The Pictures of the dogs were sent courtesy of our lovely and wonderful house sitter/dog sitter Payton. She is AWESOME and we feel totally comfortable when she stays at the house with the dogs! She was sweet enough to send us some pictures to re-assure us that they were doing just fine! Thanks Payton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment